Nuffnang Ads

Saturday, 11 April 2009

My 12th Blood donation with disappointment

Today's appointment was at 1.30pm.. Dun & T2 promised to go with me.. They were going for whole blood donation.

Went out at 1030am to meet a friend of mine. Then I headed to Outram Park at around 12.30pm. I reached Outram Park at 1pm, coincidentally same timing with T2.

Today blood bank was crowded. I asked the registration counter staff why today so special - crowded. (it was completely different from the day that I went to help out 2 weeks ago). He told me," Most of them respond to the sms/email sent to them."

Yeah.. I rmb Idy was asking for more blood donor, especially O type blood donors due to some operations to be carried out.. Great to see so many ppl today...

Dun was rejected as he has eczema - a kind of skin allergy. He was sad, so was I. I called to HSA and asked and they said shd be okay if the condition is mild. However, the doctor told him that they afraid that his blood is contaminated.. -.-"

Today, they let me to donate platelet using that machine again.. ah.. now I couldnt rmb its name again.. but I rmb its location.. it is very special machine. I think it is the only one unique machine..

This machine took me about 1.5 hours (from the pt to start my donation - since I pump my blood out). The other machine merely an hour or so.. Today.. this machine took me about 1 hour 25minutes.. (yeah.. 5 minutes faster as I pumped my blood fast due to my bad experience last month)..

The guy who started his donation about 15 minutes later than me, already finished bandaged by the nurse and gone while I was still doing my last cycle.. u know how tiring I was lying on the comfortable chair over there?

I was going to doze off.... It was tiring for me, and perhaps - torturing...

When the nurse was bandaging my arm, I complained to her, I would not want to use this machine anymore.. She was surprised and asked," Why? Quite a lot of donors like this machine."

HELL YEAH! I was completely shocked and told her, "It took me 20 minutes to 30 minutes longer than the rest of the machines...."

Then she replied," Those whose platelet count was too low would love to use this machine as it would be faster for them... I would need to check why last month they let you to use this machine.."

Then I was really 恍然大悟... Last month was MERELY because they let all those "FAMILIAR" donors to use other machine, left me -newbie (yeah still newbie compared to those REGULAR DONORS) to use that machine...

and I SWEAR! I would reject that machine from now on.. dont torture me. I merely want to donate platelet to help others!

One more thing... today i feel a bit pain during the donation.. I think the needlees might not be injected in properly. Even until 630pm, it was still a bit pain until I doze off due to tiredness (perhaps fatigue)...

This photo is what I wanted to post long ago.. Their "new" bandage colour - skin colour.. this is no longer that "new" as I've seen it over the past 3 months.. I wonder when did they start to have this..

***I still strongly encourage all of you to donate blood despite my disappointing experience today***



Skin colour bandage

Skin colour bandage

No comments: