Nuffnang Ads

Thursday, 14 May 2009

My 13th Blood Donation!!!

Wall of Text is expected. Leave it now if u dun want to read..

Ahh.. gotta talk about Tuesday ..

Erm.... After the e2i briefing, I went to blood bank.. my appointment was on Wednesday (13th May 2009), but I had to attend the ad-hoc workshop on that day (coz of the e2i!!!)

I planned to have my lunch at Outram Park before my blood donation. I arrived Outram Park MRT Station at about 12.20pm.

It was raining cats & dogs.. GOSH!!! It was SUNNY DAY at Raffles Place at about 12.05pm... How fast the weather could change~

Luckily, there was a small bakery shop. I bought a sandwich and curry puff (bluff me de, the stuffing material wasn't curry!! >.<" But nvm la.. as long as it can fill my stomach and prevent me from fainting after blood donation.. LoL..

Today walked in for my platelet donation.. I followed the shelter linked from Outram Park MRT station to HSA blood bank. As a results, there wasn't any single drop of rain on me.. HEHE..(luckily I explored this link way last month.. LoL..)

I took the lift to the Level 1 from their basement carpark. Hmmm.. they set-up two temperature check up booth at the main entrance, one for visitors and one for blood donors. However, anyone who took the lift would not be checked.

I observed the booth at about 15 to 20 metres away, thinking whether I shd go there to approach them (as I really don't know what booth is that. I was afraid that I make myself to be in disgrace...

Finally, I walked down and asked them if I need to have the temperature check up. :D I informed the nurse that anyone would miss this check station if he comes up from the lift, just like what I did.. She acknowledged it but I wonder if she took any action... Today went into the Apheresis Centre, pleaded them not to assign "that" machine to me anymore and they were laughing.. haha.. funny~

After waiting for about 15 minutes, I was led to different machine. This guy looks new to me. Erm.. I guess he is IA students.. The preparation of the tube set was not smooth and he showed his impatience (as some tubes were tied due to messy). I acted blur for not looking at him and just sms with 3138.

Ah.. another nurse took over after he finished all the tubing set-up on the machine. She thanked that guy for his help (this makes me to believe more that he is IA student!!!) but after a while, she grumbled," 哎呀,装不好。" and then she tuned it a bit.. She checked my veins, applied the disinfection liquid medicines on my veins, shd be antiformin. Then, she left for other duties..

GEEZE!!! As usual, they were too busy and forgot my existence again..

Then, the other nurse came to me, apologising for letting me to wait for so long. Ya, its okay, they were really too busy, even during weekdays.... If you don't believe, you join me next time and u will understand.. She checked my veins and applied the antiformin on my veins once again (coz she had to touch my veins during checking).

I started to pump my blood at 2.00pm sharp! Today the 3 movies not interesting de.. I only rmb one of them is The Chocolate Factory. So I watched Channel 8, 我的岳父岳母 My In Laws ( 情境剧Sitcom )

Today's episode was about the Mother (Mrs Gu) prepared over-roasted bread for her family and all of them doesn't want to eat. The father (Mr Gu) also forgot about their 35th wedding anniversary. The "Si Ge" (Mr Gu's buddy & employee) went to 拍马屁 and coax Mrs Gu. The next day, Si Ge was approached by his previous 武馆 disciples. They asked him to go back to be their 掌门人 as Si Ge's junior is dead. So Si Ge secretly told Mrs Gu that he would need to leave immediately for the 武馆 and didn't dare to tell Mr. Gu. Mr. Gu overheard the conversations and thought Si Ge wanted to elope with Mrs Gu.

He blew up this matter and Mrs Gu ran away from home. Si Ge looked for his disciples and went back to Mr Gu's jewellery shop and cleared the things out with him. Mr. Gu realised his mistake and went to look for Mrs Gu.

I always laugh at this My In Laws. the way and the content of their conversations. 超搞笑!So I was laughing almost the whole 30 minutes while I was donating my blood. I bet the ppl at the apheresis centre could have thought I was "ki siao".. Hahahaha..

Today did quite fast.. I completed the blood donation by 3.10pm, took me 1 hr 10 minutes for 7 cycles. Wait a minute, this does not include their set-up and bandaged time on my arm. haha...

This time very weird, my right arm could not bend after the blood donation. It was so stiff 僵硬. I would rather describe it was 'stoned' or 'freezed'. I had to use my left hand to assist my right hand to bend.. Perhaps my body was really getting weak recently.. haiz... perhaps stress??

After that, I took my new blood donor record card and had some tea breaks. GEEZE!!! I saw two obvious injection marks left on my arm.. haha!! BUT MIND YOU!! IT WON'T cause any fear to me and I will still continue my regular platelet donation until:

1. I achieve my target, more than 200 times blood donation (shd be completed by age of 46)

2. I am not eligible to donate (AIDS, bla bla bla lor [choi, no pros for me so I shd be safe de hor. wakakaka..)

3. Too old , the current age limit is 60 yrs old


The photos below might be a bit 恶心. View at your own risk!




No comments: