Nuffnang Ads

Saturday, 24 January 2009

My 1st blood donation

Date: 17 Mar 2004 (Wednesday)
Time: 12pm - 1.30pm
Venue: Singapore Polytechnic Community Centre (2 floors above students service centre near the Foodcourt 3)

After missing out 2 times blood donation in SP, it was my last chance for blood donation in my poly life as I was at Year 3, last semester.

Brought my passport & student pass & jio some of my classmates to go...

First time came across with the blood doonor conscience form.. I was confused by so many Qns & dont understand the medical terms.. I consulted my friend, Gabriel, who was a regular donor. He told me:"As long as you dont know the name. It means you did not get that illness. Else doctor would have informed you..."

Well, sounds true.. so I answered the Qns...

I wasnt afraid of any needles at all.. On the contrary, I was so curious about how they "poke" the needle into my vein.. So I stared my eyes big, looking at the nurse doing the job. The nurse asked me not to watch and assured me I wont feel pain..

Zzzzz... 太小看我了吧! Then I replied her, I am not afraid.. I just want to watch the process..

Blood donation ended.. They kept asking me to rest there for at least 15 minutes.. I think it was because that was my first blood donation.. They are afraid that I will not used to it and then fainted..

LoL.. so big size if fainted hor.. they very difficult to carry me... :D

Felt happy as I finally did my first blood donation, which had been planned in my mind for years...

No comments: