Nuffnang Ads

Sunday, 29 March 2009

My weekend..

My weekend.. LoL.. planned to go back to BP but end up didnt go back due to several reasons.. So I occupied myself with some works..

Saturday.. woke up at 7am.. prepared and headed to Outram Park - HSA Blood Bank. YEAH~ I offered my help to the Red Cross Executive, Idy, to help out on the event - Are You My Type?

I talked to her during the bloodbank tour on Feb 09 and I found that she was the creator for this even in facebook. So I adder her into my friends list and offered my help if needed.

Arrived there, was a bit awkward. Well, I am just not so extrovert person.. u can't blame me... After that changed to the YDC (Youth Donor Club) shirt given by her. Gosh.. YDC is until 25 yrs old, i am 2 yrs "too mature" already, Idy... (haha. she wont know my blog de. .dont worry)..

I was given the task to give out the souvenier - iron-on sticker (according to blood type A, B, AB and O) to the donors, informing them about the refreshment in the recreation room as well as recommending them to join the the bloodbank & laboratory tour on 11.00am and 2.30pm respectively).

In the first 30 minutes, I was a bit shy and slow on doing this... Idy realised this and went there to help me out and asked me not to feel so shy.. LoL.. lagi paiseh~ Gosh.. Then I saw how she talked to them and started to follow as well..

After that, I could explain quite well to them. LoL.. but I realised a problem... The table and chairs were located too far away from the entrance to the blood donation room.. So, I "shan zuo zhu zhang" to moved the table & chair.. actually, more than 30 cm from the original location.. haha.. In this case, it will hinder the ppl who were going to Apheresis Suite (for platelet and plasma donation).. But it could make me to get the task done! It is because a lot of ppl would not want to go near to the table as they may feel shy / they thought need to PAY... even though I walked to them but they also didnt want to follow me.. so to bring the table closer is effective -- and I proved that...

Today there wasn't as much ppl as I thought.. It was quite sad.. I thought I could have served a lot ppl.. :(

But Idy, keep it up!!! I believe more & more ppl will donate blood de~~~

Let's take a look what are the iron-on sticker look like :D

Iron on sticker

Samples ironed ono the shirt. Looks COOL, doesnt it ?

Hehe.. took another picture with blood buddy..
Feb 09 was Blood donor.. March 09 became volunteer to help out.. Funny

****************************************

Now is the Sunday activity....

Again, I went to help out on blood donation drive... This time was at Alvyn's church, which is located at Bugis.. (sorry, I dunno his church's name) BLEK~~~ I ain't Christian / Catholic, so I dun care :D wakakaka... [*added* okay okay.. it is called Singapore Life Church]

Today our task was to usher the donors to have some quick check-up by the doctor and to the next station to check their haemoglobin level.. Again, I was quite disappointed with the number of donors... However, it is understandable as his church members are organising this blood donation internally. They did not make any publicity, such as any advertisement. They were just bringing their friends & family..

We started our service on 12.30pm but there were only a few ppl.. Spent most of the time explaining to him about the blood donation information, such as the differences between the platelet, plasma, whole blood, red blood cell & white blood cell, the process of blood donation, including whole blood & platelet donation process, the ways to prevent dizzy after blood donation & so on.. Chat with Alvyn, ZiYu & their church friends on all other topics, such as the security in JB, the incidents happened on them & their family in Thailand, Malaysia and so on..

LoL.. That's all.....

Gosh.. I still havent uploaded my birthday cake pictures... Ah.. I still have things to do now.. 2molo must give ppl... arg~!~!~!

and it is time to sleeeeep~ LoL...

GG-ed (good gamed) gosh~ -.-"


No comments: