Nuffnang Ads

Thursday, 17 July 2008

Thank you, my dear colleagues!

The moment I stepped into "C", I had my plan for the next 3 years. In order to stay nearer with my ex, I planned to work hard & get promotion within the next 3 years and asked for transfer to Malacca so that I can be nearer to KL. Truth hurts... All my plans became bursting bubbles.

The next thing, I stepped in to "S", I had my plan to work & complete my part time study in that company for the next 4 years... I kept looking for opportunity to go outstation, either in local or overseas. I wanted to widen my eyes but no chance was given. Perhaps due to my incompetent? Perhaps due to my inexperience? Perhaps due to my level? In the end, the soaring living cost had given me red light on my plan, once again....

Then, with the help from ex-colleague from "C", I come to "M". There are rumours & rumours about the office politics, about how difficult the working relationships to handle, about how busy the working life over that department...... This time, I learn to be smart (uh, shd be dare not to plan anymore). I have no other planning at all.

Yes, it is very busy working there due to job responsibilities & some reasons. There are some difficulties to overcome in the working relationships.. There are some office politics (but I wasnt targeted yet!).

Ppl warned me not to be too close with them. Ppl warned me not to be too frank with them. In the end, I am sticking together with them for lunch, for OT, for chit chatting, gossiping.. sharing information on news, technology, kids, cookings & even facial! As usual, I be frank with them, telling them truth... They are not as dangerous as they were tagged. In fact, I feel that they just like to gossip & bad mouth, but they will not go further to sabotage you...

The golden chance came recently... after a few weeks of deep thought, the manager still could not make her final decision on who is going for US. Either that engineer, or me.. After struggling for weeks, the manager finally had secret meeting with all of them and asked for their opinions.. Can you believe that? All of them kept putting good words for me and influenced my manager's decision!

YES, I am given the GREEN LIGHT to go US for new tests training & discussions with other region lab's engineers!!!!!!! To think that I am just a recent recruit, they still had faith on me to learn the new tests & train them after the trip. Now, everything is under preparation and hopefully I can have successful interview with US embassy representatives! This is also one of my dream.. I want to go overseas for trainings, discussions or any projects to spice my experience up!

Million thanks to my colleagues.. Thank you so much for the strong recommendations... I promise I will work extra hard for all the preparations before I go US. I will not ruin the reputation of SG lab! I will try my best to give finest performance!!!

No comments: