Nuffnang Ads

Sunday, 29 November 2009

U must have the will power to stay alive and recover, 叔叔!

1st part - grumbled about the "private taxi driver" in JB.
Reached M'sia custom and approached "private taxi driver" to quote me a price to send me to Sultan Aminah Hospital. Approached Chinese as I was naive to think that "Ka li lang eh zhio gu ka li lang...".... He quoted me RM20. Out of shock, I told him that this was so near and yet he charged me RM20. I said "Nvm, TQ" to him and walked away. He shouted RM15, I still said TQ..

Next, another Malay approached me and quoted me RM12, I replied, "No, thanks". Then he asked me to quote. I replied, "RM10 is my max." (self knowing that this is already very high price to them). He asked me to increase to RM12, saying that RM2 extra only, not much.."

I stood firm with my decision, and walked away. Another Malay rushed to persuade me to pay for RM12. I can see his intention to reduce the price a bit so I wanted to quote him RM11. Then the first Malay quickly rushed to me and said RM10, DEAL! and led the way to his Proton Saga.

They are not licensed taxi driver. RM10 for that short route is already making quite a big buck. Why must you all so greedy to quote so high? I would suggest to public to take the taxi @ City Square, do not let them to cheat our hard earned money!

If not I am in a hurry to visit my uncle, I would not even want to approach them!

************************************

2nd part, at Sultan Aminah Hospital
Reached the counter @ the entrance, the guards (female) were quite hostile. Exchanged my IC with the pass to go 4th floor and took the very dirty and old lift up. (did I mention this pass only allow you to visit for 10 minutes?)

Slowly step into the emergency ward (for male).. There are two rows of bed, one on your left and another on your right..

The ward is very old and quite dirty.... I can hear the pulse reader's sound... Looked at the patients lying on the beds on both sides.. most of them are inserted with a tube into their nose... Majority of them were uncounscious......

Walked further in and saw my uncle (叔叔), who had some cereals after not eating for two days.. My dad and mum had fed him to have cereals. The nurse informed us that my uncle had not been eating anything since the day he was transferred to this hospital.

We were quite happy with his progress today.. I still remembered my brother told me on Day 1 (in BP hospital), my uncle could not open his eyes, he could not answer you properly and most of the time, he was unconscious... Doctor informed us that there is blood clog in his brain....

Few hours later, he was transferred to Sultan Aminah Hospital (that was about 1 to 2 am). My brother, my dad and my Gu Zhang followed behind the ambulance to the hospital to make necessary documentations.

Nurse informed us that my uncle plucked away the glucose feeding tube and rushed to open the door. Nurses had to use force to bring him back to the bed and tied his hands and legs to the bed.. (HOW CRUEL IT IS!!!)

Day 2, my family went to visit him. He was tied up on the bed... He could hardly open his eyes. When he opened his eyes, he could not look at you... his eyes were only looking at one direction.. and he probably not able to look straight to you....

He could not talk (caused by the accident). He could not even open his mouth to drink or eat.. My mum tried to open his mouth to let him eat the bread but to no avail.. Then my mum used the straw and let him drank the water. He finished the water in a short time! You can see how thirsty he was.. (but the nurse still told us that he did not want to eat or drink anything)..

After some analysis, I told my mum that it was not my uncle that did not want to have anything.. it was because he could not get up and get the things himself!!! My dad and I had to slowly put him to sit up, before my mum feeding him to have the drinks..

Yesterday, my mum told me that my uncle had a very good progress. He could sit up and used his hand to take things for a while. The hostile guard came again, chasing all of us away. My mum asked me to stay with my uncle and my dad and mum went down to wait until 1pm (for the official visit hours). My uncle had lied down on the bed, but could not sleep.

One Malay parent, who is 52 yrs old, came to me and asked me to rub my uncle's hand, legs and "sayang" his head. He told me that this is important to let him to know that someone is caring about him and showing concern to him. This could help to increase his will to live...

So I started to "sayang" his head, rub his hands and legs, one by one... After about 20 minutes, I thought my uncle fell asleep. So I took out my notes and studied.. hell right, exam is only a few days more. what to do?

Obviously, my uncle couldnt sleep and turned his body side way, then back to face up way.. Then I asked if he felt cold and he noded his head slightly. So I took one blanket from nurse and helped to cover from his upper body to his feet.

On and off he was adjusting his pillow as it was not comfortable to him. I could not study at all as I kept a look out on him. So I just put my notes aside and standby.

At about 1pm. my mum and dad came up with a bowl of porridge. It took my mum a few minutes to wake my uncle up and let him to have mentally prepared before my dad and I slowly put him to sit up. My mum asked if he wanted her to fed or wanted to eat himself. He chose the latter.

He could not take the spoon firmly, he could not hold the bowl of porride nicely.. His hand was not able to lift up high enough to feed the porridge into his mouth. I helped him by holding his hand and fed the porridge into his mouth but he pushed my hands away. He wanted to try himself! He wanted to overcome the pain, the obstacles by himself. But when I saw this, when I saw how hard he tried and still could not make it, when I saw how frustrated he is, and how helpless we were.. My heart is all broken pieces..

He only had half bowl of porridge and decided not to eat anymore. Then my mum let him to drink some water before slowly putting him to lie down. Looked at the wounds on his eyes, his hands and his legs.. we were very upset and hoped that he could pull himself up.....

At 2pm, we were chased away again. I told my uncle to recover fast and I will go to visit him after I finish my exam..

I thought he will be getting better and better ever since the good progress yesterday. However, this morning my sis told me that yesterday evening, my uncle's condition became worse and now they were looking for alternative to transfer to Malacca hospital..

He is my god-father. He treated our family very good. I really hope that he can recover fast and have the will to stay alive, be as healthy as before......

Koh Sze Yong felt life is so fragile in the emergency ward @ Sultan Aminah Hospital.. Pls stop driving motorcycle.. it is really "皮包骨"。。。。。

No comments: