Nuffnang Ads

Sunday, 6 September 2009

5/9/09 SG Art Museum & blood mobile helping out

Yesterday went to work until 2.30pm.. Had my lunch then straight down to Dhoby Ghaut to meet my team members for school project. We went to visit Singapore Arts Museum and to interview some visitors and staff over there.

There are quite a lot of things to view. As ppl who are not so "artistic", we could hardly understand what the artist would like to 表达... >.<"

We left @ about 7pm and I saw Idy distributing out the "Pledge to Save Lives" Postcard @ the escalator @ Dhoby Ghaut MRT station. Since she was short of manpower, I helped her to distribute the postcards. She went around to make sure all the equipments were cleared from the NEL area.

I didn't realise how much I distributed. One thing I can assure you, I really distributed a lot!! haha.. (so 自豪..)

For about 45 minutes, I was giving a big smile to everyone who took the escalator down to Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station.

Few lines I would say,

"Good evening, pledge to save live??" and passed the postcard to the ladies/ gentlemen. Most of them would take the card from me. "Thank You" is MUST-OUT-FROM-MOUTH phrase :D

Some of the ladies who did not want to collect from me at first would turn to me and told me, "I would take one from you.." I was puzzled and passed to them.. Then they would say, "Because you just said Thank you to me...."

Sincerity does pay off!! Take a look on those ppl who distribute the flyers @ MRT station, they kept their mum and just pass to you "mechanically". If you dun want to take, they just lift their hands away and go to the next person. You dont have the human touch / feeling.. and yeah.. I would want to pin point to sincerity.

Maybe that's the difference between earning $ and giving some help? They need to distribute fast to earn $.. I need to distribute fast to gain more public awareness of blood donation.. How could I just give them the postcard and say nothing to them?

Then we stayed there chatting while waiting for the vendors to come to remove all the tables & chairs from the station.. The driver & the co were too much!!! We waited from 8pm until 11pm.... and yet they still NO SHOW!!! Then Idy & I had to leave everything to the uncle from that company (he is punctual, but not his colleagues...)

haha.. talked too much.. Just want to say I am happy that I able to "ad-hocly" help out a bit for blood donation.... Perhaps I am fated to have connection with the Red Cross.. Even though the stupid things about the Red Cross & I when I was in Sec. Sch.. I would still try to help to promote the blood donation for the Red Cross.. Since I am not financially strong enough to donate $, I could use my time & energy to help.. Why not??

Er.. I would not be active in mobile blood donation until I finish my degree.. I would be more active!! Those who would like to play a part in blood donation, please contact me :D

No comments: