Nuffnang Ads

Tuesday, 2 October 2007

Singapore World Heart Day 2007

World Heart Day, an international event on the last week of September annually, fell on last Sunday. To promote the public awareness of the heart disease as well as the prevention, Singapore World Heart Day 2007 was organized at Vivocity (currently is the largest and luxurious shopping mall in SG).

Various of events were organized to attract public, includes fun walk, fun steps, dancing, sure win lucky draw, games and health screening at subsidized rate.

Yup!!! I went there with my sis, bro-in-law & my sis’s mother-in-law. Of course, they must have brought the two kids along. Rushing back to Singapore from my beloved hometown, I had only enough time for the health screening and bought some less salt canned sardine and tuna.

The health screening is meant for BMI, glucose level, cholesterol level and blood pressure. It can be easily above SGD20 for the screening at hospital/clinic. However, it is only SGD5 during the World Heart Day event! Surely I wont miss this chance to have the health screening. ^.^

Yeah.. this post is to remind me on my health report in the future.

BMI 28.3 (OMG!!!!)
Capillary Blood Glucose Level 5.1 (safety limit not exceed 6.1mmol/L)
Blood Cholesterol Level Ratio 4.14 (safety limit not exceed 5.2mmol/L)
Blood Pressure 122/77 (not exceed 120 / 80)

I dont really care about BMI as the bone's weight/muscle may be the factor behind of the high BMI -- OF COURSE, the factor behind of my high BMI is bone's weight, not muscle ^.^)

The health screening results has proven that even though I look very big size, I am still quite healthy (refer to my glucose, cholesterol and blood pressure!) Some ppl may look thin but they have higher cholesterol level -- like Ric., which I feel that I am lucky to have normal cholesterol level)

How to stay healthy?
Exercise is a must but I don’t go into detail. You shd have known it long ago!. (yeah, i am damn lazy to exercise except playing bowling and basketball)

How about the food consumption?
Eat less salt, less oil, less coconut milk, less chili, less quantity but can be more meal & less quantity for better digestion, less meat + more vegetables , and most important thing is, say NO to poultry skin.

KW- remember not to eat too much SAN CHAM BA!!! See your uncle stomach so scary!!! (LoL, he wont read this post anyway) - Just put for FUN!!!

No comments: